Contact T.F.B.





Culture Pimp


Sunday, June 18, 2006

And Boredom Sets In.

After an nice little initial run, I have now settled in to a world of terrible cards and the struggle with my inner need to play. After my first couple of wins I had an attack of "any two cards can win." Fortunately, I recovered before the blinds got above 30.

Now I'm bored. Bored of looking at pointless cards. Bored of watching others make stupid plays and feed the big stacks. Bored of watching the 93off I couldn't muck fast enough hit on the river. Just bored.

Hey I caught a pair of tens. No over card on the flop. No one calls.

Now I'm bored.

I know there is a way to keep plucking at the pots and pick up the occasional extra chip. I simply don't know how to do it in a tournament game. By the time I'm comfortable with the blind levels we've moved on and my stack keeps looking shorter and shorter. In theory there is no difference between a cash game and a tournament, but in practice I think there must be. Possibly, I should be reading different books. Who can tell?

No seriously, someone tell me.

First break, I'm sitting just below average, and the game that started with 2247 is at 1497.

And I'm bored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home