Contact T.F.B.





Culture Pimp


Sunday, April 02, 2006

See-Sawing on a Sunday Afternoon.

I just signed up for the "Chip and a Chair" multi. It's basically just a $1 buy-in multiple player tournament. Everyone pays a dollar and starts with 100 chips and a 1/.5 blind. I feel this is a rip. The title is a lie. It should give each player 1 chip and start the blinds out at 1/.5 and let the shit hit the fan. That would be a fun tournament. Short, too. You will have lost at least half the players after the first hand. By the 10th every player will have gone all-in at least once. This is a money maker. Someone aught to suggest it.

The multi's not going to start for a couple of minutes so I sat down at a $.02/$.04 limit table. This ring game has been the secret to my success so far today. I recommend it to any who are trying the Money for Nothin' challenge. I started with a bankroll of 81 cents, played with to a stake of 50, and brought that up to about $1.50. Then I did it again and brought the bankroll above $3. This time the cards are colder, and I'm just sitting at $0.50, but it wasted time while I waited for the multi to start.

Once it does, the multi is feeding me teaser hands and taking a bite out of my stack on top of it. Just as I am writing this I call K Q off mid field and catch the straight on the river. It didn't pay-off well, but it paid off, and now I'm up a little.

Now, however, the ring game is pushing teaser hands, and I'm down over there. Some days everything connects, but ends up going nowhere. I bought into the aforementioned $1 multi, cause I figure I'm still up even if I'm first out. Of course, I would prefer not to be first out.

First out sucks.

I'm won't be taking first out, of course. Anyone that folds the first hand is protected from that danger. These online tournaments tend to move pretty fast, typically losing half the remaining players every hour or so. The multi started feeding me teasers again, and I may well be out the first hour.

Just as I'm writing that last sentence, my early pocket pair sets on the flop and I double up. The cards are fickle.

The multi has swung the other way, but the teasers on the ring table aren't letting up, so I'm going to head back to the freeroll sit-n-goes. That way I can devote guilt-free brain cells to the multi. I'm up to about 50% above the average stack, and the blinds have quadrupled, so it's probably time to see if I can come in the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home