Contact T.F.B.





Culture Pimp


Thursday, March 23, 2006

Money for Nothin': the official rules

O.k. Looks like we've got a couple of takers so I figured I should make some official rules.

The basic idea is simple. See how much money you can make with a start of $0.00. I'm working on Everest Poker, which you can join by clicking on the link. There may be other poker sites that offer the ability to make actual cash on a freeroll. In fact I know that there are multi-tournaments on several other sites that have that available, but Everest is the only one I know of that has a 10 player freeroll sit-n-go that pays actual cash, however insignificant.

One small wrinkle: last night I logged back on to Everest to discover I had five extra cents. I had started the previous day with a $0.00 balance and had won three cents. When I logged on, however, the account had $0.08 in it. I do not know where the extra nickel came from. There is no record of it, but bonus on Everest is paid out in very small increments, so I suspect this is bonus of some sort. I made an effort to correct the error, but it didn't work out. In response to this I've decided on a bonus rule that allows it to be used for play, but not be included as part of the final competition. I don't think it will make much difference in the long run, and it would be impossible to correct for in any case.

Say, for instance, Peek buys in to a no limit ring game with his entire stake of $25 and plays for several hours. Then, in his drunken stupor, he goes all in and loses everything. Back in the lobby he discovers he now has $0.57 in bonus earned from that session. It is unreasonable to expect him to not use that money to start over again. His statistics, however, would put him at zero. I'll still be keeping track of the bonus by default, simply due to the difference between the total account and the amount won.

However, now I need a vote. Do I keep the twenty cents gained by that extra nickel I discovered yesterday, or is it forfeit because I've made this new rule adjustment. Anyone who pipes in gets a vote. I'll break a tie if necessary.

Here, finally, are the official rules:

  1. You must start with $0.00 in the account. You may not add money to the account at any time. All wins and losses played on your chosen online provider must be included in your statistics. So make sure you use a poker-room other that your favorite. The one I chose is Everest Poker. You can use two different sites if you want to and your total winnings will be added together.
  2. You should report all wins and losses. I will be keeping track of statistics as well as final amounts. Simply email me occasionally a list including: Poker-room, game played (SnG, Multi, or Ring), buy in amount, fee amount (for tourneys), number of players (or seats for ring games), what you placed (tourney only), the amount you won (or left with for ring games), the current balance of your account(s), and, if possible, the approximate amount of time played. To do this, send an email to me here. Remember to report all games, even the freerolls you lost.
  3. Bonus. Bonus does not count toward player statistics, and does not count for the final tally. However, you are allowed to use bonus for play. It will be tracked separately.

Here are the stats as they stand so far:

Name:Current
Winnings:
Player
Percent:
Win
Percent:
Average
per Game:
Average
per Hour:
Bonus:
T.F.B.

?$0.08?

?23%?

?67%?

?$0.03?

?$0.04?

???

Xavryn

$0.05

10%

100%

$0.05

no data

$0.00

Shiny

$0.02

30%

100%

$0.02

no data

$0.00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home