Contact T.F.B.





Culture Pimp


Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ahhh... The Category Request

I'm a fan of Blogspot. Don't get me wrong. But the one thing I would like to have is the ability to archive by topic, as opposed to simply by date. I'm still looking for a loophole a way to use the available options to get it to do what I want, much like my prom date, but I just haven't been able to figure it out yet. Again, much like my prom date. When I started this process, before I even found a provider, I made a layout of what I wanted to have. My intension is to have posts on a range of topics: Poker, Liquor, Women, Food, Cars, etc. These will be published on a whim, as I decide to pontificate on any particular subject. Willy nilly I embrace the Blog, much as I embrace life. Archive this rambling diatribe by date and the interested reader may never find the information he seeks. "Where," he might ask, "is that rousing treatise on Beer Pong?" If everything is archived by date the logical response is, of course, "who knows?" Organize the archives by topic, however, and the answer pleases the ear like the dulcet moans of a 22 year old co-ed theatre major as she recites the poetry of Edna St. Vincent Millay to the rhythm of each thrust.
"Look in Beverages" she breathed
and then she dropped down to her knees.
"Or you could take a look in Games."
She moaned, "cross-referenced," as she came.
But, and this is a big but, I am limited, in this instance, to what is available from the powers that be. Generous, wise, and knowing powers, admittedly, but limited. Powers such as these are unceasing in their quest to deliver the goods, thus getting the gander. So, unlike my band, which is another story we shall get to another time, they are taking requests. Follow the bouncing ball and vote. Vote with me my Brothers and Sisters. Vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home